Fri Oct 4, 2013
I’m Sharing a couple of my favourites today and one being this 5″ plate from the Collector’s Series of Atlantic Canada that was made in Staffordshire England. It the Roosevelt Home On Campobello Island in NewBrunswick. With a collection of 8 of these tiny plates they get well used. Mornings I make cinnamon buns at the bed and breakfast they come out on these mini plates, I often grab one beside the stove as a spoon rest.
The French Gardener and I took a road trip in 2009 and Campobello Island was one of our stops along our Sea Glass Vacation. Yes we hugged the Eastern Coast line and searched many beaches and it was an expedition.
Back to the Beans
I have the best bean pot to cook beans in, they turn out every time
It might have something to do with the recipe
or it might have something to do with the eating plate,
or the creamy butter.
It might be that it is Friday and just one more sleep until we have beans again.
Recipe for homemade baked beans
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Soak beans overnight in cold water. Simmer the beans in the same water until tender, approximately 1 to 2 hours. Drain and reserve the liquid.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Arrange the beans in a 2 quart bean pot or casserole dish by placing a portion of the beans in the bottom of dish, and layering them with bacon and onion.
- In a saucepan, combine molasses, salt, pepper, dry mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil and pour over beans. Pour in just enough of the reserved bean water to cover the beans. Cover the dish with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake for 3 to 4 hours in the preheated oven, until beans are tender. Remove the lid about halfway through cooking, and add more liquid if necessary to prevent the beans from getting too dry.
1 Corinthians 10:31 So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
Home, where your heart is and where I’m visiting Sandi this week while she hosts a Home Party, come join us.
Enjoy your weekend everyone,
Subscribe to comments RSS