Fri Jul 22, 2011
Prince Edward Island is suffering from a poor tourism season, it is simple things are priced too high causing a lack there of business.
I took a walk about the garden this morning and was thinking about just how Budget Friendly PEI really is. Google claims when I type Budget Friendly that a report from the Gov on the handed down budget is what I’m asking for. Maybe I’ll include activities in this search and see what comes up. Here we go, so for $500 dollars according to Google, pei has a friendly budget family accommodations somewhere, I won’t report where as that doesn’t matter as much as this is what is showing up on my search results.
Here is a few Budget Friendly things to do in PEI.
1. Take in a Garden Tour at Grandma’s Afternoon Tea Room. Enjoy the gardens, pond, koi in the pond, M.J the backyard 4 legged friend who has a ball attached to her mouth. Cost is free
2. Geocaching the Confederation Trial if you have a hand held GPS the trail is full of Geo’s at geocaching.com.
3. At the Island Made Gift Shop you can “Make and take Scrapbooking.” Drop by and make a scrapbooking tag to go along with your vacation photos. Cost free, I like that.
4. Go to the Beach, pick one of the many beaches on the Island that you don’t have to pay to enter, have a look at your map.
5. I’ll have that wrapped thank you. Do you like Beachcombing in PEI, well while at the beach look for a shell, or sea glass and bring it into the Gift Shop and I’ll wrap that to go for you. 545 Malpeque Rd, Route 2 in Winsloe. I’ll teach you to wrap your treasure and you can leave wearing it. Cost is $5.00
Well I wish I had more fun activities to report to you. I’ll keep looking in the meantime I have scones to bake and an Afternoon Tea to prepare for at Grandma’s Tea Room.
Take care, xo cindy
Subscribe to comments RSS